Wednesday, December 07, 2005

We The People


"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

When is enough enough?

When have we gone too far?

Will common sense ever prevail?

Perusing the internet, my daily newspaper, for the headlines of interest, box scores, fantasy sports tips, my daily dose of Jinxy genius, and celebrity rumors I saw a headline that caught my attention. The USA Today ran an interesting piece that inspired this rant of incoherent confusion and moral abomination.

I just do not understand how people in this country can continue to oppress others, inflict pain, create animosity, and initiate social disorder under the ruse of merely exercising their First Amendment rights!

"It's freedom of speech." Sure it is. You are correct, you can say pretty much anything you want to, so long as it doesn't violate any sort of legal contract or order, nor is it slanderous or defamatory in nature. Got it. "I am entitled to express my opinion." Entitled you are. Express away. Knock yourself out. However, don't complain when the result of your public declarations is that no one buys your albums! Understand this Liberal America, there are consequences for your actions. There are ramifications as a result of your words. There are repercussions. There is accountability. It is an onus you alone must bear when you express yourself so cleverly under the protection of the greatest document ever drafted by man. Boo hoo. If you want to protest the war, knock yourself out. But, don't cry about it when people who haven't forgotten what you did in a Vietnamese prison camp boycott your movies! They are just exercising their First Amendment rights!

Do not edit out an entire letter to print only that a fallen Soldier will miss starting a family, when every other word written clearly states that he believes in what he is doing; that he believes in his mission and the cause behind it. If you want "free press" then report ALL of the facts!

If you want Federal $coin$ to keep your institution of higher learning afloat, then quit exercising your personal agenda and beliefs on the student body. Unless you are Brigham Young, it is not your school! You are an employee. I am positive that allowing young men and women to get an education is why you are employed there in the first place, so if you want to deeply influence more children, procreate. Reproduce. Adopt 40 Himalayan whistle-kids like Angelina Jolie. (Who bears an uncanny resemblance to the DixieVixen....yes, I am a lucky man!) Pass your liberal agenda off on your own kids and just make sure mine have the best facilities possible to obtain an education. Beyond that, just shut the fuck up. There, that's me exercising my First Amendment rights.

Here are a few more examples of me exercising but one of my inalienable rights under the Constitution:

I think you are a MORON for discriminating against military recruiters on your campuses.

I think you should start to protest the US presence in Bosnia. If you want to cry about Defense spending in support of the Global War on Terror, then let's just break down that long-since-forgotten lie President Clinton told in 1995. Remember, the one where he said that the US would lead a NATO force into the Former Yugoslav Republic to bring peace and stability. One year deployment. Unprecedented since Viet Nam for a unit to be deployed for an entire year. (Billary set the one year deployment precedent in Bosnia, so you can also quit crying foul on W. for deploying Soldiers to Iraq or Afghanistan for one year.) Trust me. I was there. One year, huh? We're still there! Add up those dollar signs and let me know if that was economic?

I think conscriptured service to our Nation may be in order.

I think the Right to Bear Arms needs to be modified, but it is a necessary evil. It must be protected!

Your sorry-ass Liberal view points need to be protected too. If for no other reason, just so I can tell you that I think you not worthy of the respect that you get based on your educational accomplishments because I don't think you learned a damn thing as it pertains to REALITY!

I love the fact that the First Amendment affords me the opportunity to tell you to "go piss up a rope", without recourse.

4 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jinxy said...

Thanks for the nod, dude.

Good luck against ND.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger PseudoIntellect said...

Anytime.

There is probably only one person on the planet that we each know, (removing all 6 degrees of separation theory) and he is the only guy I know that would vow allegiance to the Zips.

Die Katze...

I'll gladly accept the wish of luck on behalf of Senator Tressel.

To the Turkey Gobblers! hehehe

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Great read! That article got me fired up. Institutions of Higher Education piss me off.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger PseudoIntellect said...

I just wish they'd do their jobs Ronin. Teach. Just teach. I don't want to beat the dead horse, but forcing a specific political agenda down students' throats is bull sh*t! Ask any conservatively minded student what kind of grades they get on opinon-based assignments that aren't liberal in nature!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home