Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Military Power

Finish this statement for me: "Had we not had the help of the U.S. military, it would not have been possible..."

If I asked any random citizen/potential terrorist in Iraq they might say something along the lines of "for me to vote", or "for me to be free", or "for me to be able to learn how to fly a 747 without a valid work visa".

I doubt anyone would be able to come up with Alex Trabek's answer du jour.

I am not holding my breath in hopes of any one person linking military power to the actual event, much less in the midst of the Global War on Terror.

Alas, you shall wait no longer...

The answer is: "Had we not had the help of the U.S. military, it would not have been possible to rescue these animals."


That's right. The ACLU may have rewritten Battle Focus Training when no one was looking. The Army exists to deter war, and if deterrence fails, rescue cute little animals in third world countries! Hell, I don't know maybe PETA got in on it?

What I want to know is how long it will take someone to blame George W. for the animal abuse in Ethopia!


Could you imagine Josh Hartnett and Eric Bana bobbing and weaving their way thru Mogadishu trying to rescue "Scout" and "Patch"?

"Remember, we're Rangers not some sorry-ass JROTC. We're Elite. Let's act like it out there. Hoo-ah?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home