Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Committed, Dedicated, Anonymous"

It's been over 12 years since an unfortunate turn of events in Mogadishu took the lives of 18 brave Americans. I vividly remember the disgust, anger, fury and horror I felt when I saw Bill Cleveland's body decimated on CNN.

I was idly surfing the net tonight and stumbled across the Philadelphia Inquirer's archived pages of Mark Bowden's original story that became a best seller and box office hit.

No political statement here, I just thought that it would be nice if people took a moment to remember. I'm sure they've earned it.

In Memory

CW3 Donovan Briley
SSG Daniel Busch
CPL James Cavaco
SSG William Cleveland
SSG Thomas Field
SFC Earl Fillmore
CW4 Raymond Frank
MSG Gary Gordon
SGT Cornell Houston
SGT James Joyce
PFC Richard Kowalewski
PFC James Martin
MSG Timothy Martin
SPC Dominick Pilla
SFC Matthew Rierson
SGT Lorenzo Ruiz
SFC Randy Shughart
CPL James Smith
CW4 Clifton Wolcott

God Bless America.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

Blackhawk Down was a pretty compelling depiction. I like your 'in memory' posts.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger PseudoIntellect said...

Thanks; it was indeed a very fair depiction of what happened. I particularly like how the book showed the view points of the Somalis near the Market Square and melded it with the story of the Soldiers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home