Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Human Train Wreck

I'm the drunk one. The sober one stole my Churchill!

This past Friday the Pseudo celebrated another year on Earth. The DixieVixen treated me to a great night out. At least that's what I've heard. We started off by pawning our tribe off on some unsuspecting fool for the night. Alone, to do whatever we wanted, until about 9 a.m. the next day!

We had tickets to go see David Allen Coe in concert. Before you double over laughing, stop to think about where we live. There's just not a lot to do in Lower Alabama (L.A.), so our choices were limited. Since the tractor pull was sold out, we figured that going to see one of the most stoned entertainers on the planet couldn't be too bad. Well, "it" wasn't bad. He, however, sucked. That's the mild explanation. He talked more than he sang. It was like seeing a really, really bad version of "VH1 Songwriters".

So, there I was. Sitting in a dimly lit country bar just a stone throw from the Florida border and this was as good as it got. Of course, I was in good company (that was as good as it got for all of us).

Beer. Tequila. Rum. More Rum. Another beer or three. More Rum. Train wreck.

They said I had fun. I think I slept in the garage. So much for doing "whatever we wanted until 9 a.m."! But, at least they said I had fun. Saturday was another story.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jinxy said...

DixieVixen shut down her page?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger PseudoIntellect said...

Yeah, but I believe she's going to put it back up. She didn't like how it was turning out, so back to the creative drawing board...

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger PseudoIntellect said...

Jinxy, the Vixen actually has to work (unlike us), so she's probably not going to re-launch her page. She can't spend enough time on it. I told her to quit her job then, but there's that whole responsibility thing again. I'd probably be homeless if I were calling the shots...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home