Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Is this humility?

Sloth. Envy. Gluttony. Wrath. Vanity. Greed. Pride. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you: The Seven Deadly Sins!

Pride? Pride is a deadly sin? Are you serious?, you might ask yourself. Trust me on this one. I grew up going to Catholic school, I've got this one covered. Pride is largely considered the most severe of the Deadly Sins (and I, personally, always got it confused with Vanity, but that's beside the point, I think). So, perhaps this explains the karma-laden annihilation that was laid upon The Nation last night in the desert.

So, after last night, do we think that there's any pride left? Have we been stripped of our pride? Did we have pride, in the first place? Too much pride, perhaps?

Good thing for us there are also Seven Virtues that are opposite to the Deadly Sins. Guess what one of them is? Humility. To possess humility is to be humble.

Man, this humble pie tastes like shit.

So, there you have it. Aside from the foul taste, taking a royal ass beating last night actually made The Nation the virtuous ones. You can't go wrong when you're right with the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home