Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Day!

My father has never surfed anything, let alone the internet. He has never seen a blog. He wouldn't even know what a blog was if I told him. He probably thinks a blog is something cured with antibiotics or an old wives tale remedy. Nonetheless, Happy Fathers Day Dad! My Dad is a very cool guy. I hope to grow older with many of the qualities that I see in him. I hope that he is proud of me. I hope that my kids will be as proud of me, as proud to have me as their father, as I am of my old man.

Being more than 1,000 miles from my beloved Fairy, Princess and ManChild has made me a bit morose today. Who'da thunk it?

What I would have given to have not slept until 9 a.m. today. What I would have given to have not been able to watch the great Mickelson collapse at the U.S. Open in absolute peace and quiet. What I would give to not be watching Game Six of the NBA Finals without being interrupted by my kids. Once upon a time, I may have thought a day of solitude was a GREAT Fathers Day gift.

No thanks. I'll pass; I miss my little people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home